September holds a few national appreciation days for family members -grandparents, wives, family units, etc. We thought we'd list
just a few ways to show that appreciation. Get creative with your ideas - have fun with it!
Ways to Show Appreciation:
- Tell someone how much you appreciate them!
- Write notes - leave them around the house to be found.
- Encourage each other, especially when you see them struggle.
- Quiet, boring day - grab the kids and go for ice cream!
- Compliment the cook!
- Help with a chore you usually don't help with.
- Give a HUG!
- Older kids: do something with your little brothers/sisters, something they enjoy.
- Declare tonight game night. No phones, TV or computers. Play together!
- Surprise a family member - small gift, do their chore, time with them, etc.
- Pay attention. Listen.
- Text something positive.
- Volunteer somewhere - as a family.
- Home Spa Day for Mom - do all her work for her one day.
Ways to Appreciate Anyone:
- Help someone load their groceries into the car.
- Bake cookies for the neighborhood.
- Go help a Senior neighbor with yard work.
- Pay for the car behind you at a drive-thru.
- Write a thank-you note to a teacher.
- Help a neighbor with a big yard project.
- Text/call and check on someone you haven't heard from in a while.
- Take a group of friends to visit an assisted living home.
- Handwritten thank you or encouragement notes - mailed!
- Pick up trash you didn't drop.
- Grab a friend and just go do something fun for no reason!